Mòd Canada 2010 - A premier music event in the National Capital Region
Hello fellow pipers, whistlers, fiddlers, harpists, highland dancers, and Gaelic supporters,
As you may be aware, Comunn Gàidhlig Ottawa’s annual Mòd Canada competition is coming up quickly. I will include specific details about the event and some links for your to look at.
What is Mòd Canada:
A very special day of activity packed full of talent and special performances.
* Scottish Gaelic speaking, singing, poetry, story telling and drama competitions.
* Instrumental playing: Small pipes, Celtic whistle, Harp and Bagpipe practice chanter.
* Highlang dancing, group and solo.
* Celtic Art.
* And special performances by world class performers.
Events include: A multitude of Gaelic speaking and singing competitions, Gaelic art, Highland Dancing, and Instrumental competitions in: Practice Chanter, Small Pipes, Celtic Whistle, Fiddle, Harp…
Come and spectate or compete, or both…:-)
When: Saturday, November 20th from 8:30am - 5:30pm
Where: Community Bible Church, 1600 Main Street, Stittsville, Ontario
Cost: Most competitions are $5/per competition, or an annual membership gives you entry to the Mòd and unlimited competition.
Family - 25$
Adults - 10$
Children 11-18 - 5$
Children 10 and under - free
Senior Citizens and military veterans – Freewill donation
CGO and Ar n-Òran members – Free
1. Comunn Gàidhlig Ottawa website: http://www.gaidhligottawa.ca (Registration for Event)
2. CGO on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Comunn-Gaidhlig-Ottawa/82635264768
3. Mòd Canada on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=139892616025465&index=1
4. Mòd Canada Cèilidh on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=165003210180827&index=1
5. Joy Dunlop Singing Workshop on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=163614773650218&index=1
Great prizes, great fun!
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Comunn Gàidhlig Ottawa (home of Mòd Canada and Ar n-Òran Gàidhlig choir)
Address: 3M Arnold Drive, Nepean, Ontario, K2H 6V6
The voice of Gàidhlig in the National Capital Region
Ottawa City Council has proclaimed November Comunn Gàidhlig Ottawa month
Ar Canan ‘s Ar Ceòl (our language, our music)